Friday, April 7, 2017

I had just moved back to philly to finish college ahead of my younger brother at Temple U. I am competitive sometimes, and he is a bit of a dick. Because of a life time of being bullied by me, is how he tells it. Sorry John! I was unqualified as a nanny and I am done raising kids. I saw my job to be protecting those girls from you boys while i was living in that house.

anyway.

I return to blackthorn because Ned Bacchus saw me in the hall and recruited me. I still had the green and yellow socks that i guess i stole a few years back. they were always a hit at kutztown practices and then again at SUD and then PAC. After Sud and GW merged there was always some contentious scummaging at practice. If you are a struggling club, find another and play up a division and in the normal division. get your boys some good games. Practice was sometimes an hour of scrums. I counted 60 one night. And the opposite in the scrum was the dude i stomped and collapsed many times in the last game. We had history. Which made the scrumming fun. So my first HARRY award goes to john trauth. He made me a better rugby player. As did Jim Trump. and api Q. These three are the first year enshrinees. i will be looking for pictures that i can put on my altar of api q, marshall sturm and stu mcclay from blackthorn, face and of course michel leland...lets have a world famous multi city rugby day of the dead with day of the dead grateful dead cover bands and camping and beach party and vegas and other hot spots...i may just be in an underground cave that night...  www.yuclife.blogspot.mx

anyway PAC WAS COMING TO PHILLY and I somehow got into the line up against this team that was soon to win the national championship in club rugby. I think it all started in their scrum. I am waiting to be invited back for a series of karaoke installments and of course this years HARRY AWARDS...

So we are getting killed because these guys are all large and fast and even the slow ones are faster than our backs, but we did have stewy on the wing, (tho he never really got the ball)

Any way there is this up and under and Rex Gillete got there at the same time as the ball and it popped into my hands 2o meters of so from the goal line. sweeest try ever, not time to think, but we got smaoked

No comments:

Post a Comment