Monday, March 20, 2017

HORSE TALK- WHO KNEW HE WAS A BETTER WRITER THAN ME?

   STEALING HORSE'S FACEBOOK POST MAGIC!
    "PRIDE GOETH BEFORE A FALL"
    Well damn. Learned this lesson many times over, and yet rugby, and the world in general for that matter, loves to throw helpful little reminders of this fact at me from time to time.
    If there is anything out there that can piss a person off more than this sport, I sure as Hell don't know what it is.
    I could say that we're really awesome but we took them too lightly and played way too many bench players. I can use that as a crutch. But at the end of the day, the scoreboard does not lie. We had a nice lead as expected, but turned on the cruise control too early and got stung by one point. Do I think High Country is as good as us? Absolutely not. Not even close in fact. But my hat's off to them, because they obviously wanted it a little more than we did on Saturday by scoring at the buzzer and stealing a one point win.
    POSITIVES TO TAKE AWAY:
    1.) I held good on my post from last Friday. Ripped the ball from a High Country player and inadvertently almost took his arm with it. *See pic below (I honestly hope the guy's okay though)
    2.) I'll take ANYTHING over boring or bland. And losing this one was EXCRUCIATING. It's just nice to know I can still feel things as strongly as I always have. Going to cherish and use this pain until I can give it back.
    3.) Glad someone decided to take a team picture after this one so we can remember how it felt and not half ass it again. *Probably the most miserable looking team pic I've ever been in. LOL!!
    4.) Although my face looks like it's been beaten with the "rugly" stick for the last 2 months, I feel pretty good considering the groin tear, the broken hand, and the flaming achilles. Ready to rock in the playoffs.
    5.) My Brothers from Gwinnett did an excellent job rising to the occasion and putting a spanking on Old White. Very proud of those boys. And my apologies to Moose for acting like a hormonal, pissed off teenager after our game and not sending much in the way of congratulations their way. AWESOME JOB LIONS! I mean that.
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment